Who are Anesthesia Technicians, Certified Anesthesia Technicians and Certified Anesthesia Technologists?
The entry level Anesthesia Technician assists the Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiologist Assistant, CRNA and the O.R. circulating nurse (R.N.). There are three levels of hierarchy in the Anesthesia Technicians profession: Anesthesia Technician (A.T.) to Certified Anesthesia Technician (Cer.A.T.) to Certified Anesthesia Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.).
The Anesthesia Technician and Anesthesia Technologist is a strong and growing profession with their own society (ASATT), By Laws, their own official publication magazine, annually conference meeting both clinical & technical, accredited schools obtaining a 1 year certification, 2 year Associate Degree in Science (health), and 5 year Bachelor of Science Degree in Anesthesia Technology (Stony Brook in New York). The Anesthesia Technician / Anesthesia Technologists Liaison consists of an: ASA-Anesthesiologist M.D.A., AANA/C.R.N.A., and hopefully soon to be American Society of Anesthesiologist Assistants (AAAA), Anesthesiologist Assistant (A.A.-C).
The Anesthesia Technician / Anesthesia Technologist Certification Test Development and Test Writing Committee consists of an Anesthesiologist MDA, CRNA, a professor of Anesthesia Education, PAs, a corporate representative, Certified Anesthesia Technician and Certified Anesthesia Technologist. In the Anesthesia Technicians scope of practice, the Anesthesia Technician / Anesthesia Technologist can perform Technical & Clinical skills such as operating, training and teaching trouble shooting techniques with anesthesia machines, Intra Aortic Balloon pump machines (counter pulsation procedures), cell saver machines, level one auto rapid machines, F.M.S. auto rapid machines, R.I.S. machines and IMed Pumps. The Anesthesia Technician / Anesthesia Technologist are also certified in BCLS, ACLS,& PALS, they operate cardiac output monitors, obtain PA wedge pressures (Swan-Ganz catheter line), obtain cardiac calculation out put from patients and read back numbers to the MDA,CRNA, or AA-C (under supervision). The Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist start IVs and start Arterial Lines under supervision of an Anesthesiologist M.D. Anesthesia Technicians are "trained" and "certified" by the MDAs and Hospitals. Anesthesia Technicians and Anesthesia Technologists can mentor and train lower level technicians, nurses, medical students, and anesthesia residents on anesthesia technology procedures.
In closing, the Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist works within their "scope of practice" and this practice depends on the particular state where the Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist resides. The Anesthesia Technician and Anesthesia Technologist are highly knowledgeable, skilled, respected and competent members of the Anesthesia Care Team.
- AnesthesiaAssistant.com - offers information for the anesthesiologist assistant profession including education links, job resources, book recommendations, message board, and more.
- AnesthesiologistAssistant.com- Post Anesthesiologist Assistant Resumes, CVs, Post Anesthesiologist Assistant Jobs, Anesthesiologist Assistant locum tenens, Post Anesthesia Technician jobs, Anesthesia Technologist jobs, Certified Anesthesia Technician Jobs, Certified Anesthesia Technologist Jobs, AA job search. Find AA Forums, Resouce pages and more.
- Anesthesiologist Assistant Resource - FInd resourceful AA information including, AA job description, anesthesia books, anesthesia terminology, aa job search options and more.
- AnesthesiaTechnician.com - Anesthesia Technician, Anesthesia Technician Training, Education and Anesthesia Technician jobs!
- Anesthesia Technician Message Board - Ask questions regarding the Anesthesia Technician Profession!
- American Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants - Information about anesthesiologist assistants, their work characteristics,educational programs, accreditation, certification, and jobs available.
- Anesthesia Website Hosting - provides complete affordable anesthesia web hosting, domain name registration and more...
- AnesthesiologistAsstants.net - offers information on Anesthesia related topics, educational information and job links.
- AnesthesiologistAssistant.net - offers a Website Template that is ready-made! These websites are designed and created to use as a basis for fast and high-quality website development.
- AnesthetistAssistant.com - contains anesthesia information,definitions and links to jobs placement and more...
- Anesthesia-Assistant.com - Welcome to Anesthesia-Assistant.com! The future of anesthesia is here as new laws are being passed allowing the doors to open for Anesthesiologist Assistants! Similar to a Physician Assistant, the Anesthesia Assistant will work under the supervision of an Anesthesiologist with virtually performing the same role and earning the same salary as the CRNA! This website has one clear mission- to inform the public of the importance of the Anesthesiologist Assistant!
- Anesthesiologist-Assistant.com - find AA job registration sign up form, downloadable Florida AA application form and more...
- AnestaWeb.com - offers articles that share wisdom with the ultimate goal to improve quality of life.